Friday 28 November 2008

Another shoot

Trying to keep things a little more simple with this shoot I really took some inspiration from the work of Phillip Lorca Dicorcia. I really like how he uses natural light and makes an image look so powerful and have so much mood to it simply through the lighting and situation of model.



The location that I used was the side kitchen inside my house and to get enough light I had to use the windows and also I opened up a door, this as a way to fill a dark space with natural light which also created some interesting shadows. I wanted to have my model sat, looking towards the light, looking to something that the audience couldn't see. I tried a multitude of angles, and I feel the ones from afar didn't work well, however the close up ones look really good but don't really suit the style I have been shooting thus far. The best ones are where she is sat in the room and the angle is looking in upon her, and so I want to edit these down in the future to pick the best one out of the four.





I really like how these photographs have come out and also how simple the shoot was to set up. I feel that I've achieved what I set out to do in taking influence from Dicorcia and created good light with interesting shadows and situation.

No comments: