Sunday 30 November 2008

Millennium images of Wealth

As a reasonable starting point to the brief, I decided simply to type in the words 'Wealth' and 'Poverty' into the Millennium images online database. I want to see other people's reactions and images in association with these words.

These are the 'Wealth' images...


(Martin Child)


(Stuart Brill)

I got in total about 96 results for the word, and unfortunately the majority of those were these awful images of expensive cars as seen above. I suppose this is showing wealth, however not in the sense that the brief would ask for, or the way that I would choose to show it.


(Justin Nicholson)

I then came across this photograph of hands holding two pound coins. I'm not sure that I particularly like the image, however I think that's it's doing something a little different and focusing on such a small thing in the large context of wealth.


(Kristina Hruska)

The image with the woman with the earring (ironically in the style of Vermeer) is quite well done and in my opinion represents the idea of wealth quite well. I like the subtlety of it; the way there is not much within the frame, yet we can tell that the lady is of some stature. I particularly like the crop of it.

No comments: