Sunday 30 November 2008

Hands

After looking at the various images of wealth and poverty I think I'm on my way to formulating an idea to shoot. I particularly liked the image where the hand was holding the coin and the image where the man was sat on the street (the cropped image).

I think it could be interesting to look at hands, and what they contain, perhaps various possesions of their owners. Also with use of cropping and taking only an abstract part of the image, it could allow more focus to be on what is being shown.

After looking around, I've managed to come across a few cropped shots using hands as the forepoint.


(Paul Bordice)

I particularly like this image above of the person holding their hands behind. In reality it is just a simple shot, as in not much happening, however the use of angle and framing here works really well. I like how much the image is different compared to how it would have been as a full body shot.


(Ron Koeberer)

Again a similar sort of image of the cropped section with the hands. I like this idea more though; the idea of a frontal shot with an object in the hands.


(Katya Evdokimova)

(Keith Goldstein)

The two above are again examples of objects in the hands but this time I prefer them much more. It works really well that the hands are open and are blatently showing off what is in them. They work well with their backdrops also, and although taken by different photographers they would work well as a series.

No comments: