Sunday 30 November 2008

Shoot ideas



After looking at a lot of wealth and poverty images, I've really become fascinated with the images of hands and cropped frames that I found.  I've  decided I really want to experiment with this and shoot my images based on it.

I want to produce a series in answer to the brief where within the frame all the audience see is a cropped mid section of a body with the person's hands outstretched with various objects in them.  I want to focus on the hands and what is in then primarily which will then lead back through the image to the clothes the person is wearing and then finally to the out of focus backdrop; a progression through the image which will reveal more things.

My idea is to have objects placed in the hands which would be found in the person's pockets.  These things would be object that they carry round with them, are important to them, and in some cases define them.  I want the various objects to represent aspects of wealth and poverty through connotations associated with them.  The use of clothing on the model and backdrop will also represent this idea. 




As I need 5 images for the series I've sketched out 4 ideas (I'll have to think more about the last one) for shot locations with ideas for the objects in mind also.

For shoot 1: A person in a smart suit with wealthy objects such as a watch of jewelry in their hands.
2: A person stood with keys and a wallet in their hands and in the backdrop out of focus as an expensive car.
3: A person sat on a street, all ragged and dirtied up with nothing in their hands, to say they own nothing.
4: A person on a run down street with cigarettes and a few pennies to his name.

These ideas are not set in stone and could be changed when it comes to shooting them.

Also another important thing is that my shots will be se set up and my models told what to do, so that I have more control over what I'm shooting.  And I'm going to be shooting on square format on the hasselblad, as I feel a square image will lend itself more to the images I want.




No comments: