Tuesday 11 November 2008

A set up...

Following on along the lines of creating a moment in time I shot these....




I chose to completely set up a fictitious scene once again (as is my usual style), and control all the elements such as model and lighting. I wanted to create a scene in which a man, sat down was drawn to something happening off camera and out of frame. I wanted my image to look extravagant and over the top (so as to add to the sublime), and I did this by creating an old fashioned, stately home scene, wherein the man was sat with his cigar and cognac by his side. The props I was using were essential to my shot, and so I wanted to get everything right and everything looking like they belonged together.

I'm pleased with how they came out, and above is an initial edit of six of the frames.

2 comments:

Edie said...

I'm holding it with my other hand. Is a gesture I have. Is that relevant? hahaha.

Anonymous said...

HelloTom.HelloTom.HelloTom.HelloTom.HelloTom.HelloTom.HelloTom.HelloTom.HelloTom.