Thursday 27 November 2008

Fifth shoot

Continuing on with the idea of capturing a sublime moment in time, last week I proceeded with my fifth shoot, where I set up in an empty room, a table with two chairs and from a doorway a sudden bright light was shining. I chose to have a model (as with all my images in the series) as the main focal point in the photograph, and also to have them being drawn to the light by looking towards to the doorway. I once again wanted to create this sense of a strange moment in time, wherein the audience don't know what is going on, gone on or is about to happen.



I did have a model in mind for the shoot, however whilst setting up during the day, the light being cast in from the window looked really good and so I used my housemates as stand-ins/tests to see what the outcome would be. These are the ones that look really bright and with really strange colours, and to be honest didn't work out possibly due to the conditions, however probably due to my exposures.

I do like how the light in the doorway has turned out, as I really feel it illuminates the images and is genuinely something to be drawn towards for both the model and the audience. Something I don't like about the images are my choice of model; I think he works okay, but he seems to stiff and aware he is in a photograph (something that seems to be difficult to avoid).



The reason that some images are the opposite to others is due to my scanning of them, and so far I've not actually decided which way round to have them; which way round will suit them best.



When shooting I used a bracket of exposures so as to have a good range of images to choose from post production. As you can see, some of my outcomes are too light and some too dark but there are certainly things that I can use.

I think that the images are adequate, just not as good as some of my previous shots, so I'll just have to see how they look within a series.

No comments: