Tuesday 28 October 2008

Main ideas



I think it;s safe to say that i'm really interested in this idea of capturing a sublime moment in time. I really want to create a dramatic (and fictitious) scene wherein the audience is audience is left guessing what is going on and the narrative is open for them.

To do this I'm going to have to set up a scene, and in it everything is going to have to be carefully thought out, the mise-en-scene will be very important with the location, model and props really thought out.

And as the assignment is to take inspiration from Vermeer, I will use dramatic lighting to help create this drama within an image. The light will be a key element in my image making, and certainly a lot is too be taken from the works of Crewdson also.

I've sketched out a couple of rough ideas for shoots above; basically to have a bright, intriguing light coming from an unseen location, and a person being drawn to or responding to it in some way.

No comments: