Tuesday 14 October 2008

Group critique and thoughts...

At the Thursday group crit we went through everyone's work so far for the brief and discussed the good points and ways in which it could be improved. When talking about my work, i initially told everyone about my first ideas and shoot and how it was unsuccessful, before moving on to my images shot for peephole.

There was a mixed reaction to the images i feel, as some people said they liked the dark shadow around the image, whereas others disagreed saying it took up too much of the image. The general opinion was that a couple of my images worked well, however the rest were too impersonal, and did not capture this private/personal space in a voyeuristic way in which i set out to do.

As i still have a couple of days left before the deadline, and also that i only need Canon prints, there is still time for me to re-shoot. I need to think of ways in which i can really invade a private space, and i need to think where these personal spaces really are.

No comments: